The Rossburn Subdivision trail runs 172 km / 107 miles long, from Russell to Neepawa via Angusville, Rossburn, Oakburn, Elphinstone, Erickson, Clanwilliam and Bethany. This section follows the abandoned rail line from Russell to Neepawa, passing through Silverton, Angusville, Birdtail, Waywayseecappo, Rossburn, Vista, Oakburn, Menzie, Elphinstone, Sandy Lake, Rackham, Erickson, Clanwilliam, and Bethany.
There are several hot spots for bird watching, as well as wild life viewing areas. For example, beautiful Beaufort Lake, just west of the Town of Sandy Lake is a great place to watch for wildlife, especially birds. You can see great horned owls, great blue heron, cormorants and gulls, to name a few.
There are many stunning viewpoints to enjoy. Moving west to east, the first such viewpoint is located between Angusville and Rossburn, followed by the one at Dancing Bird Lake, then just past Erickson and finally the Windy Viewpoint that is located where the Desjarlais Trail intersects with the Trans Canada Trail.
- Sandy Lake
- Beaufort Lake
- Stunning viewpoints along the trail
- See nearby communities
For more tourism information please visit:
Rossburn Subdivision Trail Association
Mailing Address: RSTA, Box 268, Rossburn, MB, R0J 1V0
- Chair: Doreen Stapleton (RM of Harrison), Ph: (204) 585-5310
- Vice-Chair: Dennis Rogasky (RM of Strathclair), Ph: (204) 625-5223
- Secretary/Treasurer: Ilse Ketelsen (RM of Rossburn), Ph: (204) 859-2497
- Tom Lawless (Honourary Board Member)
- Victor Baraniuk (RM of Clanwilliam)
- Shirley Kalyniuk (Town of Rossburn)
- Dave Walker (Town of Erickson)
- Ernie Peleshok (Municipality of Shoal Lake)
- Skip Jacobson (RM of Minto)
- Lyndon Shuya (Town of Russell)
- Garth McTavish (RM of Silver Creek)
- Michael Porrok (RM of Rosedale)